Well, She is finally here! Quinn was born Thursday morning, May 26th, at 9:04 A.M. She weighed in at 7lbs 6oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. My smallest so far, but lucky me wasn't a week overdue this time. Here is the story!
I went in on Wednesday afternoon to my Dr's appt. at 2:30 with the plan of being induced right after at around 3:30. My Dr. was so kind to agree to induce me on my due date because of our School/work situation. Ian took his last final on Wednesday morning and has been planning on working starting as soon as he's able, so that is the reason my Dr. allowed it. So, everything was looking good and I was already dilated to a 3 so we proceeded to the hospital! After waiting a little bit for everything to get going my nurse finally came in and started the process. There was ALOT of waiting for the i.v. because my vains were not ideal, it took a while for her to even attempt to put the i.v. in and I think it made me extra anxious and plus come to find out, my iron levels were low (big suprise). Long story short, I passed out after she was done giving me my i.v. Fun times!
So, they decided it would be best to let me recover a bit before starting me on pitocin and opted to start me on cervadil that night at around 10 p.m. Cervadil is an insert that helps to thin the membranes and can put you into labor. It worked on me very well for sure. I started cramping pretty badly around midnight and started having regular contrations around 2-3. At 3, I couldn't sleep at all and needed to cope somehow with the pain so Ian and I walked the halls, I eventually got in the shower and then into the jacuzzi. By then it was 5 and I was in ALOT of pain. I started to ask about an epidural but there was no anesthesiologist there at the time, so I had to stick it out till about 6 when I felt I couldn't deal any longer and my nurse gave me stadol to help ease the pain a little. That was AWESOME! At that point I was dilated to a 7 and around 7 a.m. I was able to have an epidural. After that, I was finally able to rest a bit and progressed rather quickly.
The epidural was probably the best one I have had in that it wore just enough towards the end to where I was really able to feel quite a bit of pressure. I had never experienced that before with any other of my deliveries. She came out in 2 contractions/pushes and was perfect! She has been a dream baby! Our time in the hospital was great and we tried to enjoy it, her being number 3!
Right now, were are just trying to adjust to our new and growing family! 3 is definitely a struggle but I know in time we'll figure it out! I am so grateful for the wonderful spirit that Quinn has brought into our home! I am excited to see the person she will become and the dynamic she will bring to our family! We are truly blessed! p.s. Aren't I lucky to be married to a photographer in these moments, a pretty awesome one at that! Love you Ian!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













16 comments:
This post makes me excited to have my baby (rather than dreading it) haha, and yes i agree.....I am jealous that ian got to take so many cute pictures of her! I hope I can train russ enough that I can get some good pictures too! =-)
She is absolutely beautiful and I LOVE the name quinn!! We are moving back to cali for denton to go to chico for grad school, so i cant wait to meet this little one. Looking at all the pictures makes me sooo excited to have another one..hopefully soon!! Congrats!!
You didn't have an epidural until you were at a 7?! Holy cow. Oh my goodness.
I can't believe your hospital had a jacuzzi.
I can't believe how cute you look right after having a baby. Your freckles are darling and I love the pictures of you two in the hospital bed. She is so sweet. So far she looks like a little Ian to me. Great work!!! I can't believe you have 3!!!!@#$@#$%
She is so beautiful! What great pictures. You guys are rockstars- already on baby #3!!
So beautiful... congrats, guys!
She's so cute and the pictures are perfect! Girls are great! Glad things went well. Congratulations!!
she is seriously beautiful. i love her. this made me have an inkling of want for another baby...just an inkling, but thats saying a lot :) and you look beautiful and ian is seriously an amazing photogrpaher! i hope everythings going well. call me sometime when life slows down a bit.
she is an absolute doll. I wish I could hold her!!!
Jess, you make beautiful babies. Miss you.
Congrats! It sounds like it all worked out well.
Yea!! I hope you guys are doing great! 3 is ka-razy!
Loved the story Jess. The pictures are amazing...lucky girl! I hope that everyone is adjusting well!
What fabulous pictures. CONGRATULATIONS!!
Congratulations McDowelles!! She's a sweetie!
Congratulations Jessica! She is so beautiful and I'm glad all went well!
what beautiful pictures jess!! congrats!
Post a Comment