CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 19, 2008

May Update, Halle's starting to crawl, sort of!

Well, Things are ever so crazy! We are moving this weekend into a larger unit, same apartment complex, we didn't wan't to leave our ward! We feel like we have finally gotten to know people and want to stay put for a while longer, anyway, the apartment swap will happen on Saturday! I am soooo ready for Halle to have her own room intsead of sleeping in our living room. This means I finally get to decorate a nursery! Pics will come in a couple of weeks! So Halle has started moving all over the place, she does this thing where she kind of digs her head into the carpet and props her butt up and then she pushes with her legs and she is inches closer to whatever motivated her in the first place, its pretty entertaining. My favorite thing is that her arms just kind of dangle to the side in stead of assist her in this mighty effort to move around. What else, well, on Sunday I was doing the dishes, such a rarity for me, when I looked down at my hands and realized that my diamond was no longer in my ring! I broke out into tears at this great loss and ran into the bedroom where Ian was napping. I just held out my hand while I continued to cry and Ian gave me a hug after trying to figure out what I was attempting to show him. After evaluating the situation and trying to salvage the diamond, we gave up on it. SOO, Princess Jessica decides that this is justification to purchase a larger diamond! I spent a large part of the evening and the rest of this morning researching prices and sizes of diamonds. So today I went to lay down next to Ian and he kind of snuggled up next to me and he felt a little poke on his lower leg, sure enough, it was my diamond just laying on our bed. I was happy and at the same time dissapointed that I no longer had a good excuse to get my dream rock. Anyway, it made me think about how I really believe the Lord has a sense of humor when He is trying to teach us lessons in life. I got so worked up for a whole 24 hours about getting this new larger diamond and I just picture Heavenly Father laughing in the heavens. Well, it worked, I will have the old diamond put back in the setting and be grateful for the abundance of the precious jems (metaphorically speaking) that I have already! Well, here are some pics that we've taken over the last month...enjoy!!!

























































11 comments:

Kaija said...

I'm so glad to hear you found your diamond! Ian mentioned when he came home teaching that you had lost it... Small blessings! I love that you and Halle both have red hair these days :)

Stacie Aho said...

That was a funny story about your diamond. Totally something I would do. I love to "pretend" shop online anyways... because I know I will probably never get a lot of fancy things I "want".
I love the picture of you and Halle sleeping- so precious! Sometimes I wish MJ would sleep with me...

Anonymous said...

You guys take the cutest pictures!

Britt said...

Oh my gosh.. how sad! I hear ya on the bigger diamond.. I used to be so obsessed with having a nice big rock... but now I realize it really doesn't matter. I would rather have a simple band and the love of my sweetie pie. That is what lasts forever.

Your pictures are precious. The twins are scooting all over too.. it's so cute they are so close in age!

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

halle looks a lot bigger...not so little baby anymore! her little face is filling out! She is a DOLL! i love her. i cannot believe that it was TWO months ago that i last saw her...i feel like it was like 3 weeks ago!

Dana said...

Hi Jessica! That is so crazy that you actually found your diamond! My mom told me that she lost hers twice and found it both times. Once she found it vacuuming and saw a sparkly thing on the carpet. I would have cried too. I'm so glad that you found it even though you won't get your dream rock anymore! Halle is soooo cute! Aaron sent me a picture of Halle today when he went out to Breakfast with Ian. Aaron was saying she was laughing so much at everything at the restaurant. He is getting very excited about our new baby coming! It is cute.

Andrea said...

Jessica, I ran across your blog through Michelles... how are you doing? I can't believe how fast time has gone and how many you girls have babies! Send me an email and I'll invite you to my blog... dreyscott at hotmail dot com...
Drey (do you remember me? Your miamaid advisor??? I still have the amazing blanket you made for Maggie - love it!)

The Henricksen Journal said...

so glad you found your diamond. you will be happy to have that one... excited to see you this Christmas!

Veronica said...

I love that sleeping picture at the bottom. I could never get Savannah to do that.

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott said...

Jessica! So thanks to Amy and a few other people I decided this blog thing is pretty exciting. You're baby is adorable... even in the pics where she's got that "mean" look on her face!