CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"YAY!!!"

Halle has been sporting some different hairstyles lately. I came home from work and our awesome babysitter had put her hair in pigtails! At first I thought Ian did it, that would have been impressive! I think she looks so old in these pictures...it makes me kinda sad! SO...Later that night Ian and I decided it would be fun to straighten Halle's hair after her bath....we wont do that again but it was fun, she was ready to go to bed for sure after that!
   
  Halle LOVES saying her prayers before she goes to bed now, its my favorite thing ever! We recently made her crib into a toddler bed a couple weeks ago. She had a tough time the first couple nights but the pre bed routine really helps her settle down!  Its funny cause she'll fold her arms for a couple of seconds and then she loses interest...my favorite thing is when we say "AMEN" she goes "YAY!" She's gotten so fun, we love watching her personality come out. So, last week at church we had a musical program and after the choir was done singing one of the songs Halle shouts aloud "YAY!" I think the five rows in front of us turned around. Its was pretty dang funny...a woman in front of us says to Halle, "Oh, I agree hunny!" It was pretty sweet!

 This is for Laura, I think the closet got a little worse after you moved out, I'm trying to organize Halle's old clothes before the baby comes and its a lot of work (we're having another girl by the way). It is definitely cheaper which we needed for sure right now with our big move coming up but I think its a lot more work to go through everything and wash it all! I'm grateful Halle will have a little sister and they will be so close in age. We're going to name the new addition Camdyn Elise McDowell! Can't wait to meet her!

Also, we have been looking around for new bedroom furniture cause Ian and I don't really have anything substantial, just some old stuff we bought when we were still single. I also had to convince Ian to let us downsize to a smaller bed so we just bought a queen. We had a Cal King and it already takes up our entire room, plus the room we'll be in when we move is a little smaller, I want to feel like we have some room for other stuff.  I found this amazing bed frame off of craigslist and I am in LOVE with it! The huge bummer is that it is COVERED in LEAD PAINT! It was made in the 1890's and you can tell, its super heavy, so we have a minor project on our hands. We're going to Gridley next week so we'll power wash the paint off and repaint it! We have quite a few projects on our hands this coming weekend actually! We feel so grateful for the many awesome blessing that have come into our life! It makes me really appreciate our trials and the many things we've learned coming out of them! Well, there is the update! We're doing pretty good I think on keeping on top of it! Go MCDOWELLS!!! 

9 comments:

Selena and Russ!! said...

whith that straight hair she looks just like jessica. and that closet it quite rediculous. haha. that is kind of what my room looks like everyday....

Britt said...

Seriously.. I agree with Selena.. her hair looked exactly like yours when it was straight!

Your new bed frame is adorable!!!! I love old antique stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

I always love Halle's curls - but man that straight hair looks cute!! Next time give her a lollipop, thats what I had to do with Riley when I round brushed her hair. I'm glad to see the infamous headboard, its way cool!

And by the way, Mike loves my hair now.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Halle looks so cute with her hair round brushed! You can definitely tell that her momma is a hairstylist! :) Also, I love the new bed frame, but I am very glad that you guys are going to power wash the lead paint off of it! That is a little scary. Where are you guys moving too? Arizona???

That would be so fun if you came and got a blow out at my salon! I won't be working the fourth of July weekend though, because my brother-in-law gets home from his mission on the 3rd of July. How long will you be in town for??

Allison Barry said...

SHE IS SO DARLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her hair is amazing. I love pigtails on little girls. I'm going to put Sam in some when his hair grows.

KMB said...

That straightened hair is so chic! She's just gorgeous.

tarahepworth said...

Ava has the same sassy PJ's...soo cute! I have straightened her hair a few times too, little girls are so much fun!

Molly said...

Hi guys! I know I don't comment on here nearly enough, but I love all your pictures! I have a niece named Camden--cute name choice! And I LOVE the bed frame. I want one like it!

Dana said...

This is such a great update! Halle does look so old with her hair straight. She has such beautiful hair! I can't believe how much she has. I'm glad you guys are taking care of the lead paint on the bed frame. That is a really cool bedframe! When are we going to hang out!